Truth.... isn't it strange?

" Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities . Truth isn't "

Mark Twain

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

faux finish , what does that mean?!!!!

Faux- pro-nounced "Foe". What does it mean? Simply put, " FAKE" a fake finish. Faux is french for fake. As in "faux wood grain" or "faux marble". Faux finish could be anything ..... leather look, suede walls, marble columns, woodgraining, crackle finish ( to appear to be old ) You name it , it can be done!



faux window in a laundry room that is on a garage wall
For me, beautiful colors and surroundings are a necessity , not a luxury.  I've always appreciated the finer things in life but was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so faux everything for me!! Faux finish , faux window, I'll take a badly constructed house and make it look like it's fine! Paint a window if the wall is on the other side of a garage. Fortunately, having grown up around building (my father was an architect and developer ) and LOTS of exposure to art , I was trained in seeing the possibilities of fine craftsmanship combined with big ideas . What comes from working out a customers ideas is what satisfies my creative drive. I enjoy even more.... showing others how to create from their ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment