Truth.... isn't it strange?

" Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities . Truth isn't "

Mark Twain

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Guggenheim

 Just returned from NJ and was able to spend a day in NYC . Went to the Guggenheim , then to greenwich village and after that over to chelsea district to hunt down a fellow artist Shannon Weber's showing at the Gavin Morris Gallery. Unfortunately , couldn't find it.

The Guggenheim was awesome. I've tried to hit a different art museum with each NY visit. This one was much smaller than I'd imagined and they were doing an installation at the time so I was only able to visit the permanent collection which was  plenty for an afternoon. I was reprimanded for getting a tad too close to the art . Always a memorable experience.

This 9X10 bedroom painted in 3 shades of fleshy coral is my answer to giving a small nondescript space a sensual, comforting and expansive feel while using rich color.


I'm no Frank Lloyd Wright but this , I would say, did do the job for this very small room.

No comments:

Post a Comment