Truth.... isn't it strange?

" Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities . Truth isn't "

Mark Twain

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

So this is the boo boo I did the other day. It is now dry and I'm going to attempt a fix today. Here is the deal. Customer brought me this family religious icon that has hung on their wall for probably 50 plus yrs. Made out of plaster and through the yrs had been dinged up considerably. It probably had 30 good scratches and white marks on every part of it. I did the repair ..... put one coat of poly urethane on it to protect it in the future. It was fine but needed a 2nd coat to even out the sheen. All was beautiful and my only regret at that point was that I hadn't taken a before pic when it was all marred up. 

The 2nd coat of poly went on fine and with in minutes it began to wrinkle and pull

No comments:

Post a Comment