Truth.... isn't it strange?

" Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities . Truth isn't "

Mark Twain

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

functional art floor cloth

Today I am finishing the painting on a HUGE floor cloth. This one is a 12 1/2 ft X 7 1/2 foot rug that will be placed under a large dining room table. It is a commission for a couple that happen to be Greek and Norwegian. She being the Greek 1/2 and He , the Norsk . Hence the Greek key border that compliments the Norwegian rosemaling scroll pattern. Many advantages to having a floor cloth rather than a conventional rug under a table, not to mention,  art for the floor.
I always gather what I can of a surrounding area and the people who are going to enjoy the work . I've learned to trust my intuition through many years of work in this area. When I work too hard at the idea .... it tends to be an unnatural fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment