Truth.... isn't it strange?

" Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities . Truth isn't "

Mark Twain

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No shabby chic here.... that would be too easy

Sorry Shabby Chic lovers, I'm going to do my best to give this one a style like no other. Previously painted dresser set from the 40's . I've sanded with my trusty little Bosch palm grip sander. Used oil primer "Zinsser Cover Stain" to cover small areas where the sanding exposed the raw wood. 

The reason I push the Cover Stain product is simply because it dries in 45 min. unlike other oil primers that might take up to 24 hours before a coat of paint can be applied. Also oil is always best for raw wood .... doesn't raise the grain like water based primers might.

Sanding just took a few hours and the priming only 45 min. Now I'm ready to get a few coats of oil based paint on. I always prefer oil for cabinets and furniture. What color do you think I might be doing on this one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment