Truth.... isn't it strange?

" Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities . Truth isn't "

Mark Twain

Saturday, January 14, 2012

" After " pics of dresser set

this is what happened after a year of looking at this set. I wanted to accent the bakelite knobs . The whole set just reminded me of a storybook.

not too visible in the photo but I added some glitter to the paint on some of the trim colors for fun.

I used oil based paint on the foundation of the pieces with a satin finish. The decorative colors are all done in artist acrylics with a polyurethane finish for protection. 

the mirror is very old and original with some of the black flaws but still in very good condition . I'm thinking the whole set is from the 30's if not the 20's and was made in Britain . Still has a label . Some of the drawers have birds eye maple in the bottoms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment