Truth.... isn't it strange?

" Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities . Truth isn't "

Mark Twain

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

hand woven for christmas

Hand woven Christmas tea towels by Pat Ollivier: I only have these four left. Don't know if she will be bringing in more this year . Of course we have several of her every day towels, of which I finally purchased 2 for myself. The runner is an old ( possibly 150 yr ) pattern called " star and diamond" . this takes a very experienced weaver like Pat to accomplish well . It reminds me of the old scandinavian runners my grandma brought over from Norway. This one is a swedish fabric which is both cotton and linen .... this is what Pat has told me. I have lots of other runners in the shop but this is my favorite. She doesn't do this pattern as often because of the time involved. Pat has been weaving for 40 plus yrs. Impressive work!



No comments:

Post a Comment